CPM Europe is constantly looking for ways to improve its products, equipment and services. Our customers profit from this pro-active approach because they can rely on more than 120 years of experience that our company and its engineers bring to every single project and challenge.
Our customer CSP, a specialist in metalworking and special machine & plant engineering, was looking for ways to re-engineer a harvester to make the harvesting & processing of agricultural by-products more efficient. The time-consuming part of this process is the need to first collect (harvest) and then transport the harvested material (for example: hay, miscanthus or straw) to the pelleting location. The shorter this process can be made, the more harvested material can be processed. So, the challenge was to move the pelleting closer to the collection of the harvested material.
CSP & CPM Europe were able to find an innovative solution: integrating a pellet mill in the harvester. By thinking out of the box the engineers from CSP, re-engineered the harvester in such a way that a complete pellet mill was installed in a harvester while maintaining all functionality of both the harvester & the pellet mill. The result is the Metitron.
Due to its compact design & structure it is very easy to operate, both in the field as in the yard of the farm. A continuously variable hydrostat engine on all four wheels simplifies the propulsion for field use immensely, even on rough terrain. The main motor propels the whole harvester as well as the pellet mill while also only 1 hydraulic system is used for the complete machine. Moreover with this construction concept, the entire range of front-mounted equipment can be used, such as corn headers for miscanthus, as well as cereal crops and alfalfa with the direct cutting unit and, for the other material, the pick up from the base machine manufacturer. The feeding of the harvested materials into the pellet mill remains stable and reliable even on slopes and bumpy terrain.
Features & benefits
The unique features & benefits of the driving pellet press include:
- Compact structure and completely autonomous functioning of harvester & pellet mill
- No transport of harvest raw material to pellet plant
- Modular cutting system to cut (& pellet) different raw materials
- Automatically controlled material feed through the power regulator of the pelleting press drive system
- Direct drive of the pellet mill from the diesel engine via the power belt
- Up to 5 tons/hour of pellets
- Pellet transport after the pelleting press via a pellet bucket conveyor, the pellets being cooled and transported gently
- Pelleting & unloading while driving with integrated buffer for pellets
- Patented material crushing integrated in the flow of material
- Self-driving & self-supporting vehicle: no separate tractor necessary
The driving pellet press in action
CPM machines can be used in various markets, segments and industries. Interested in what we can do for you? Please contact us.